Towards a zero-emission, efficient, and resilient buildings and construction sector: local government action from around the world
2018 Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event
San Francisco, USA, 14 September 2018, 14:00 to 16:00
This Global Climate Action Summit affiliate event organized by the Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC or GABC) will focus on showcasing ambitious local government action towards a zero-emission, efficient, and resilient buildings and construction sector in line with a well- below 2-Degree Celsius scenario outlined in the Paris Agreement. The event centres on ambitious city and region legislation, especially regarding building codes and certification. It will also emphasize links between local go vernment action and a given country’s NDC as well as links to key recommendations and actions outlined in the GlobalABC Global Roadmap:
1. Urban Planning Policies for Energy Efficiency and Renewables.
2. Improve the performance of existing buildings.
3. Achieve net-zero operating emissions.
4. Improve energy management of all buildings.
5. Decarbonize building energy.
6. Reduce embodied energy and emissions.
7. Reduce energy demand from appliances.
8. Upgrade adaptation.
9. Increase awareness.
The GlobalABC invites participants to a light cocktail reception following the event.
no file attached